ENOX TEAM
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion

If/Then Variable,vous savez ça vous savez tout...faut croire

AuteurMessage
Undead
nécromancien
Undead

If/Then Variable,vous savez ça vous savez tout...faut croire Empty
MessageSujet: If/Then Variable,vous savez ça vous savez tout...faut croire   If/Then Variable,vous savez ça vous savez tout...faut croire EmptyMar 18 Avr à 22:08

Bon,c'est en anglais,mais franchement une histoire pareille c'est...dur à digérer,bref:
Citation :
Tales from the Job Hunt
Tonight's Episode: "Programmer/Analyst?"

So, it seems I found work (temporarily) as a "Programmer/Analyst"... which is odd, as I don't code. At all. I know pretty much just HTML and BASIC, that's it. So why are they paying me? Well, I think they were convinced to hire me on by my old bosses.

It seems my old manager and the current president of what is left of my old job are bestest friends with one of the owners at a company here in town. They were looking for some VB .Net and SQL coders. From what I can tell, my bosses went to lunch with the owner, and told him that he needs to hire me.

That day I got an interview, so I went out with my resume to find out what they needed (I had no idea at the time). I sat down with the owner who told me about the company and what they do... the standard stuff. He also mentioned that they're looking for coders, which I told him I wasn't. Then he got his IT Manager to come talk with me. He sat down, looked at my resume and asked me about my experience with coding. I told him I had no real coding experience. He sat for a minute, then asked me if I could write If / Then Statements... and I said I could. Well, that was all he needed to hear. He told me all coding is simple and if you know things like If / Then and what a Variable is, you can code in any language. He then pulled out an already prepared job offer that had my old salary on it and told me they were offering me the job. He said not to worry, I could handle it... no real coding.

Cut to Monday... I show up and am told my title is "Programmer/Analyst", and he sends over another coder to show me around. After our little tour, he starts talking about all the programs he has made in VB6 and in .Net, etc. He then tells me I can feel free to convert all of the VB6 proggys to .Net, etc. I'm then told to install VB6, VB .Net 2003 and VB .Net 2005. I was in shock... I told the Owner and the Manager that I have no experience in coding... why am I here, and why am I being told to code??

I schedule a meeting with the IT Manager and once again explain I'm not a coder and tell him he'd be better off hiring someone else for this project (it's a 3 month long project, hence it's a temp job). He looks at me and tells me I'll be fine, etc etc. For some reason they all want me here to do a job I keep telling them I can't do. Don't get me wrong... I'd love to learn how to code, but they're paying me to help the team make a new backend software to replace what they currently use. Yeah... can't do that.

Oh well... I guess if they don't want to listen, I can't make them listen. I'm convinced (since I've heard from both of my old bosses) that I'm only here because they're probably worried they'll be upsetting my old bosses if they let me go. I guess I'll just let them continue to pay me until they finally listen to me.
/me veux le même genre de conditions de travail et d'embauche Laughing Laughing
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

If/Then Variable,vous savez ça vous savez tout...faut croire
Page 1 sur 1